As I prepare to lead worship for conferences, I am always AMAZED at the “push back” or “warfare” that comes against me and my team days prior leading up to our events.
I have come to realize, that not only do I need to be very attentive to what’s happening in the spiritual realms, but that it has become a real teaching point as I mentor and raising up prophetic worship leaders.
The enemy plan is always the same, to kill, steal and destroy and he is just pesky in his doings, BUT with GOD we have all authority over the darkness to command it to flee.
Matthew 10:8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cure those with leprosy, and cast out demons. Give as freely as you have received!
I have learned from years of experience, it’s having the awareness and the intimacy with the father that you can discern or decipher what is what I call “Just Life” circumstances or “distractions” from the enemy.
Ephesians 6:12 tells us… 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
SO worshipers and warriors of the kingdom… here are some practical tools to make sure you are ready to take ground as you begin to step on the platform and partner with God in turning His children back to him through music.
- Make sure you are rested!! Take naps the few days prior and rest in Him!! Sometimes I just let it be quiet time; other times I just let worship music soak over me as I rest. Just lie DOWN and be still and rest in His presence.
- Make sure you are well hydrated, and EAT CLEANLY… Healthy food in so you have the energy you need! Vocals, you need to be fully hydrated 24hrs prior to singing to max benefits! Keep hydrating all the way through your sets. NO SODA!
- Make sure you are a student of the word and you are having truth spoken over you!
- Take EVERY THOUGHT CAPTIVE… Turn every single thought into praise… Be MINDFUL of what the enemy is trying to saying to you and replace that with what God’s promises are.
- Call your intercessor team and have them mindfully put you on their daily prayer list.
- Eliminate distractions; do not engage in conflict with your kids and spouse or co-workers.
- Keep your surroundings clean and organized.
- I personally minimize the people I am interacting with so I can just focus on Jesus.
- As you come together as a team you should already be prepared with transitions and technical, you should come prior to do a quick sound check and then just WORSHIP as a team through your set to prepare the atmosphere.
- Before you hit the platform, take a moment of being calmed in your spirit, pray as a team, anoint each other and remind yourselves EVERYTHING you do is to turn people’s attention to Jesus. Then, Go give HIM all you got!
Lord, I pray over my sister or brother in Christ that is reading this that they will be filled with your Love and as they walk out their purposes you will meet them in a beautiful way! Amen